+ Reply to Thread

there is a problem connecting with Netflix please try again later (13001)

I have an Android Samsung galaxy precedent from straight talk and when I installed the Netflix application and try to open it it will load for a couple seconds and then an error message pops up saying"there is a problem connecting to Netflix please try again later (13001)" I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting my phone I even did a factory reset in case I tweaked something in my phone that was causing it not to work.does anyone have any suggestions that will make it work?

I also called customer service and they didn't have anything.

Same problem...ever since the last update

Tech Support
    Quote Originally Posted by jslade28 View Post
    Same problem...ever since the last update
    Hey jslade28. First off, what device are you connecting with so we are all clear here. Also are you getting the error "13001" or the error "13100" for clarifcation. Do you see any other details in of the error?

If it's error 13001 try a couple things.
    1. Verify that the TIME is correct on your device. If the time is not correct, uninstall Netflix, fix your time, reboot and reinstall Netflix.
    2. Try disabling WIFI and using only your cell data connection if you aren't already.
    3. Verify your device connection by running a speed test. Make sure it's up to snuff.

If none of this works report back.

I apologize. That wasn't the exact error I'm getting.

My error:
    "We are unable to start Netflix application. Please try to restart it. 13006"
    Then the app closes.

I'm on a HTC Evo 4G. I get the error running on Wifi or 4G and it only started after the last app update. I looked on the marketplace and a bunch of people were complaining of the same thing so I'm assuming this is a known issue?

Thanks for the reply

Tech Support
    Quote Originally Posted by jslade28 View Post
    I apologize. That wasn't the exact error I'm getting.

My error:
    "We are unable to start Netflix application. Please try to restart it. 13006"
    Then the app closes.

I'm on a HTC Evo 4G. I get the error running on Wifi or 4G and it only started after the last app update. I looked on the marketplace and a bunch of people were complaining of the same thing so I'm assuming this is a known issue?

Thanks for the reply
    Yeah apparently this latest update killed a lot of users, especially those using 4G or older devices. So I'm quite certain it's well known to Netflix. It works on my S3's but I do notice freezing more frequently.

If you've done all the basic things such as uninstall/reinstall, turned off wireless data, flashed the device. You could also try and install an older version of the Netflix media client with Update Check disabled. I haven't personally done this so I can't guarantee the outcome, but I have "heard" about some success.